Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 14:43 | tagged rumors
First, Apple Asking App Developers to Prepare for Large Screen Demos Next Month?: "Silicon Alley Insider reports that Apple has approached certain app developers to ask them to prepare for a demo scheduled for next month. Notably, Apple has requested that the developers prepare their applications to run in 'full screen' mode rathe..."
Mmmm things are starting to get closer and closer. A few comments:
- Full screen mode implies a normal mode... a mode that I call "windowed mode" or "inside a window mode". In "windowed mode", applications runs without the need for modifications from the developers.
- On the future Apple tablet, currently shipping App Store applications would be running inside a container (a windows) at 320 x 480 pixels, the current iPhone screen resolution. I guess the UI would put a thin frame on the application window in order to be able to grab them and move them around on the screen with fingers.
- I imagine a 7 inches screen running multiple windows with app inside of them, just like desk accessories in the old days of Mac OS. I call that Multitasking.
- I imagine tapping and holding a finger in the application Dock at the bottom of the screen to bring Exposé...
- I imagine when the Tablet is rotated, all applications that supports landscape mode will rotate accordingly... those that supports only the portrait mode will keep their portrait orientation view but their container windows will rotate.
- No iPhone OS updates since september 2009 iPod/Music event... Apple was working on something else...
- Granted: the next iPhone OS beta (version 4.0) will come at the same time Apple announce the Tablet at a January 2010 event with an availability of sometime later in the year. The beta period will allow developer to adapt their applications for the new "full screen mode". So the Tablet is an iPhone OS device, not a Mac OS device.
- iPhone OS 4.0 starting to show up in application analytics or web server logs is a good sign that things are moving pretty well inside Apple...
- Look at the size of the movie preview windows inside iTunes 9.... This thing tells me this is the full screen mode on the Apple tablet.
Those are my thoughts that keeps floating around in my head...
| Post a Comment |