Previous posts about iOS app design prototyping tools:
- Blueprint for iPad: the best prototyping tool right now for the iPad. I wrote a complete review a while ago: Review of Blueprint for iPad - the best prototyping tool.
- iMockups, iMockups HD: this one is nice but no longer a contender compared to Blueprint. Here is a small review I wrote: iMockups, a nice UI prototyping tool.
- App Layout: look kind of nice and weird at the same time. For iPad and cheap at 0.99$ compared to others.
- Interface: nice app, only for iPhone or iPod touch. An iPad version of this app would make it a good competitor.
- Live View: very basic tool. You download the viewer app on the iPhone. Then you open the "broadcaster" on the Mac. The latter is an iPhone screen that you position on the Mac screen to broadcast the content to the iPhone. That is it. So if you can animate something on the Mac, it will animate on the iPhone too. Kind of like a live screen caster from the Mac to an iOS device.
- Mockability: this app will link screen images together by defining hot spots. You then play the "presentation" to simulate actual app. Kind of like a small Keynote or PowerPoint. Very limited. Not cheap: 6.99$ for an iPhone only app.
- Dapp: only for iPhone. Expensive. Include an Export to PDF that create a complete design sheet.
- SketchyPad: this app can be used to prototype much more than iOS applications. Create very sketchy mockups. Support iPad.
- Review: preview screens on your device. Same as importing screen images on the Photos.app. Useless. Move on.
| Post a Comment |